All scholarship applications are available in paper form in the College Career Center unless an online link has been provided.
JERALDINE BATES FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP ($6,000.00)
Deadline: April 19, 2019 (MUST arrive by deadline)
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. Resident of Pico Rivera
2. High School Senior accepted to a four-year university or college for Fall 2019
3. Minimum GPA of 3.5
4. U.S. Citizen
5. Demonstrate financial need
6. Demonstrate leadership abilities through participation in athletics, the arts, academic organizations, extracurricular activities and/or community service
PICO WATER DISTRICT SCHOLARSHIP ($500.00)
Deadline: April 19, 2019 at 3:00PM
• Graduating high school in 2019
• Plan to enter college or university in the Fall of 2019
• MUST reside in the Pico Water District service area (see attached map)
TIAHUI SCHOLARSHIP ($500.00 - $1,000.00)
Deadline: April 21, 2019
- Must be an El Rancho High School senior (Spring 2019 expected graduation)
- Must be of Latino(a)/Hispanic and/or Native American heritage
- Must be a prospective 1st generation college student
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Plan to enroll Full-Time in an accredited, not-for-profit, 4-year university in the U.S. during the Fall of 2019. Award recipients will be asked to submit proof of full-time enrollment to receive their award.
- U.S. Citizenship is not required (U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, U.S. Visa, DACA or undocumented students can apply)
Please note that both Application and Recommendation forms are fillable PDFs. Please complete BEFORE printing. Please refer your recommender to the link of the form for their Confidential Letter of Recommendation. Please Note: Essay will NOT fit in box provided. Please type the words "See Attached" in essay box and type your essay on a separate Word Document. Stop by the CCC if you have questions.
HISPANIC OUTREACH TASKFORCE ($500.00 - $1,000.00)
Deadline: April 26, 2019
• Current high school senior
• Graduating in Spring 2019
• Minimum GPA of 3.5
• Enroll in college or university by Fall 2019
ROBERT PAQUETTE TRADE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP ($1,000.00)
Deadline: April 30, 2019 (MUST be received by this date)
• Current senior graduating in Spring 2019
• Minimum GPA of 2.00
• Enroll in trade/vocational school or community college with plans to get a certificate from a CTE Program.
CALIFORNIA SCHOOL EMPLOYEE ASSOCIATION CHAPTER 107
Deadline: April 30, 2019 at 3:30PM
• High school senior accepted to a 4-year college/university, community college or vocational school for Fall 2019
• Minimum GPA of 2.0
• Proof of involvement in community service
Award will consist of goods valued at $250.00
UNIVERSITY'S TUTOR SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY CONTEST ($100)
Deadline: The end of every month
The Contest is open to anyone 16 years of age or older. Each essay must be at least 300 words and in response to a monthly essay prompt made available on the Website. All essay submissions must be submitted through the Website by 11:59 PM CST.
FREE SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH PROGRAMS
- Scholarship Resource Guide
This is an extensive list of scholarships that may not require a valid social security number to redeem the award. It is suggested that you look through the scholarship list and select scholarships that are applicable to you.SallieMae
Easy to use FREE service with no ads and no selling of user info
Contains over 2.8 million scholarships worth more than $16 billion
Questionnaire also offered in Spanish
Sort scholarships by name, deadline or award amount
Adjustable match accuracy to see more or fewer awards
View printable calendar listing all scholarship deadlines
Register online at www.collegeanswer.comUnigo Scholarship Match
Free scholarship matching service with a database of over 3.6 million scholarships. Scholarships added daily.Click Here
to register online.
To get a Work Permit:
Download a Request for Work Permit form and instructions by Clicking Here
. Please print Request AND Instructions back-to-back (on 1 sheet of paper, two-sided) read instructions carefully and make sure all requested information is completed.
All information provided on the Request will be used to process/issue your work permit.We also process work permits for Non-ERHS students who live in Pico Rivera. Please DO NOT use the Request for Work Permit form posted above. Send a request via email to email@example.com and I will forward the appropriate form to you.
Students looking for Entertainment Permits
must contact the Department of Industrial Relations-Division of Labor Standards at 562-590-5048
- Some employers may require you to submit a resume. There are several online templates available. If you have never had a job or are having a difficult time finding a template to use, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will send you a template and instructions.
The following employers are accepting applications:
• Applebee's - Servers/Host/Hostess
1493 N. Montebello Blvd., Montebello
• Buffalo Wild Wings - Cashier/Greeter
193 Stonewood Court, Downey
8613 Firestone Blvd., Downey
8888 Whittier Blvd., Pico Rivera
545 N. Montebello Blvd., Suite B, Montebello
2727 Via Campo St., Montebello
• Habit Burger Grill - Cashier
8988 Washington Blvd., Pico Rivera
545 N. Montebello Blvd., Suite A, Montebello
• Marie Callender's - Server
7860 Florence Avenue, Downey
• Mimi's Cafe - Host(ess)/Busser
8455 Firestone Blvd., Downey
8700 Washington Blvd., Pico Rivera
• Payless Shoesource
2007 Montebello Town Center Dr., Montebello
• Shakey's Pizza
9338 Whittier Blvd., Pico Rivera
8692 E. Whittier Blvd., Pico Rivera
Permission slips available in the College Career Center.
UCLA Pauley Pavilion - Celebrating College Signing Day with Michelle Obama
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
To be eligible, the senior must be committed to pursuing higher education:
• 4-year College/University
• Community College
• Professional Training Program
• Joining the Military
To reserve your spot for the event, you must do the following in order:Step 1: Submit this google formStep 2: Pick up, fill out ENTIRELY and return a completed permission slip in the CCC.
The College Board Opportunity Scholarship Program ($500 - $40,000)
This program gives current juniors (Class of 2020) the opportunity to earn scholarships for simply moving through the college planning process. Sign up NOW to begin the process (Click Here)
SUCCESSFUL EDUCATION ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM (SEA)
Open to 10th, 11th & 12th grade students interested in volunteering to mentor middle school students. This program helps one develop leadership roles and provides great volunteer experience on college and job applications.
The SEA program provides one-on-one mentoring/tutoring to middle school students who are struggling/failing in the mainstream classroom. At our area in Pico Rivera, high performing students of El Rancho High School are paired with 6th - 8th graders of North Park Academy of the Arts, where they meet for SEA sessions regularly throughout the school year. SEA sessions are based on both the mentor and student's schedule/availability, but all are required to meet for at least one hour, twice weekly from 3:30 - 4:30.
USC SUMMER PROGRAM
Deadline: April 26, 2019
Application must be RECEIVED by deadline. Open to current freshmen, sophomores and juniors.
The 4 & 2 week courses offer a variety of subjects from which students can choose one course for intense study. Courses are interactive, engaging and challenging, and students receive 3 units of transferrable USC elective credits upon successful completion of the 4-Week program. Students can choose from the following subject areas:
• Architecture • Engineering • Performing Arts
• Business • Global Studies • Pre-Health/Science
• Creative Writing • Journalism • Pre-Law