The AVID Program at ERHS
What exactly is AVID?
AVID is an academic, regularly scheduled elective class based on WICOR which includes assistance and support in the areas of writing, inquiry, collaborative grouping, organization, and reading. The three main components of the program include academic instruction, tutorial support, and motivational activities.
Who are AVID students?
- Students with Academic Potential
- Average to High Test Scores
- 2.0 - 3.5 GPA
- College Potential with Support
- Strong Desire and Determination
And Meets One or More of the Following Criteria
* First to Attend College
* Historically Underserved in 4-year Colleges
* Low Income
* Special Circumstances
Application, Recommendation, & Essay
Questions? Contact Alejandra Rosales