SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETING
October 5, 2005
- Call to order
- Flag Salute
- A quorum was not confirmed.
- Members in attendance were: Parents—Aurora Villon, Frank Moreno, Ron Beilke, Andrew Castanon and Anthony Soltero Students— Classified Staff— Certificated Staff—James Halley and Charlene Beal Administration—Priscilla Linares ELAC—
- Members who sent regrets: Parents—Marina Caballero, Manuel Mejia Sr., , Maria de Lourdes Baeza, ELAC—Emelda Hernandez, Fernando Camarena Students—Sean Acuna, Ginesse Carrillo, Stephanie Mendez, and Pedro Gonzalez Classified Staff—Tony Hernandez and Vivian Martinez Certificated Staff—Manuel Cruz, Marla Cruz, Dawn Hughey and Carol Stella
- Visitors in attendance: Martha Santamaria Braga, Amanda Braga, Max Braga, Judy Rojas
4. Minutes approved for September
5. Student Reports— None
- Nothing to Report - no meeting was held
- Special Ed - None
- Title 1—Nothing to report
- Preliminary allocation: $14,000.00
- Guidance Committee—James Halley
a. Electronic attendance working out well – technological glitches have been worked out
- Scholarship/Fundraising – Frank Moreno
- Ron Beilke and Frank Moreno discussed the issue of time and logistics that make fundraising difficult for this group.
- Aurora Villon suggested that fundraising be put aside for now to focus on recruiting more parents and staff members to be part of School Site Council. Everyone agreed this was a good idea.
- Public Comment—
- Ms. Braga expressed concern that the school’s parking lot is not handicap accessible. She has spoken with Mr. Ayala, and she would like to know where we are in the process. Priscilla Linares to follow up for the October’s meeting.
- Ms. Braga also expressed a concern about student I.D. pictures. Because pictures were taken in the upstairs Gym area, her son could not access them and could not, therefore, have his picture taken.
- School Site Council- Election for three new members
- School Site Council and elections will be announced at Back to School Night. Nominations will be taken until October 11th and voting will take place at Parent Conference Night, October 13th.
- School Site Council will be advertised on EL Rancho’s website as well as El Rancho’s newsletter.
- The next meeting will be Wednesday, October 5, 2005
- Meeting adjourned at 6:34p.m.