SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETING
March 1, 2006
- Call to order
- Flag Salute
- A quorum was confirmed.
- Members in attendance were: Parents—Aurora Villon, Loursed Baeza, Esperanza Angelo, Marina Caballero, Andy Castanon, Antoinette Paez, Students— Pedro Rodriguez Classified Staff— Certificated Staff—James Halley and Carol Stella Administration—Priscilla Linares ELAC—
- Members who sent regrets: ELAC—Students—Sean Acuna, Ginesse Carrillo, Stephanie Mendez Classified Staff— Vivian Martinez and Tony Hernandez Certificated Staff—Charlene Brown, Dawn Hughey,
- Visitors in attendance: Ana Lopez, David Angelo, and Tor Ormseth
4. Minutes approved for December with changes
5. Student Reports—
a. El Rancho hosted a Blood Drive and 140 students participated
b. “Kiss the Pig Rally” was successful. Mr. Collings received the most votes and had to kiss the pig.
- DAC -
- Special Ed – Priscilla Linares
- SB 517 has been approved. Twelfth grade students receiving Special Educational services will be exempt for one year only from meeting the CAHSEE requirement. Special Education students must meet the criteria outlined in SB 517.
- Title 1—Nothing to report
- GATE—Nothing to report
- Administration -
- EduSoft Presentation – Tor Ormseth
- Mr. Ormseth made a presentation to School Site Council on El Rancho High School’s assessment program, EduSoft.
- The presentation included a short sample math exercise, and examples of reports generated through EduSoft. Mr. Ormseth reviewed with parents how teachers collaborate and adjust their teaching based on the data generated by these reports.
- School Site Council member, Anthony Soltero has resigned his position. As the alternate who received the most votes in the 2005 election, Andy Castanon will replace Mr. Soltero.
- Public Comment
- Mr. Angelo expressed his frustration with city police officers who have suddenly began giving tickets to jaywalkers and drivers stopping to drop off students.
- Aurora Villon provided additional information on the number of sexual predators living in the city’s motels. The issue was corrected, and the persons responsible have been terminated from their positions.
- The next meeting will be Wednesday, April 5, 2006.
- Greg Smith will make a presentation on Teaching American History Grant
- Meeting adjourned at 6:26p.m.