SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETING
October 1, 2008
- Call to order at 5:07 pm
- Flag Salute
- A quorum was confirmed.
- Members in attendance were: Parents—Esther Mejia, Aurora Villon, Alfredo Martinez, Esperanza Angelo and ,David Angelo Students—Jaclyn Spencer and Steve Ramirez Classified Staff— Certificated Staff—,James Halley Administration—Sam Genis Visitors –Sarita Molina, Priscilla Linares, Leah Gallegos and Gerardo Correa
- Members who sent regrets: Parents –Teresa Navarro and Antoinette Paez Teacher-Charlene Brown
4. Minutes approved for September 3, 2008
5. Student Representative Report— Steve Ramirez and Jaclyn Spencer
- Scholarship Dessert took place June 4, 2008
- October 12-17 Homecoming Week
- Monday-Lunch time games
- Tuesday-Blue Pride Fashion Show
- Wednesday-Night Pep Rally/parents invited
- Friday-Homecoming assembly and football game
- Parent Conference Night-October 8th
- Red Ribbon Week- October 20-24
- DAC – Esther Mejia
a. No report
c. Next DAC meeting, October 15, 2008
- Special Ed –
a. No report
- Title 1 –
a. Title One is now EIA/SCE
- GATE – Funds now available
- Administration - Sam Genis
a. Mr. Genis discussed that the high school along with the three middle schools are no longer receiving Title 1 funds. It will be substituted with EIA/SEC funds.
b. Mr. Genis introduced Ms. Linares who presented the CST results and the new Guided Study Program.
- Mrs. Villon asked if the students missing third period was a problem, is there collaboration with the teachers, how do we hold students accountable and what about their other grades?
c. Mr. Genis introduced Mr. Correa (AVID Coordinator), who gave a presentation about AVID.
- Mr. Angelo asked how students get enrolled in the program.
d. Mr. Genis then introduced Ms. Leah Gallegos, who gave a presentation on the GEAR Up program, which started during the summer.
11. Separate or Action items
a. Election of officers
- Chairperson- Esther Mejia nominated Aurora Villon/2nd by David Angelo/passed
- Vice-Chairperson- Jaclyn Spencer nominated Steve Ramirez/2nd by David Angelo/passed
- Secretary- Aurora Villon nominated Esther Mejia/2nd by Sam Genis/passed
- Parliamentarian- Appointed James Halley/passed
b. Received final copy of by laws
12 . Public Comment
c. No public comments
13. Agenda—next regular meeting will be Wednesday, November 5, 2008.
a. Lunch proposal update
b. Revisit by laws
c. Ninth grade parents.
d. Change classification of Clerk Typist 3 to Library Clerk
e. Dissolve Instructional Aide 3 position/Bilingual Office/effective 12-1-08
14. Meeting adjourned at 7:29 p.m.