WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE/CAREER CENTER
We have many colleges virtually visiting our campus. Come to G-1 and sign up! Make sure you pick up a permission slip and have it signed by your teacher.
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Time: 10:00am (2nd period)
Please bring your earbuds or headphones
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Time: 10:00am (3rd period)
Please bring your earbuds or headphones
English Zoom link:
Enlance de Zoom:
We also have representatives from special programs that will continue offering support to our students. These individuals are here to offer assistance and answer questions about college and careers.
Rio Hondo - Martin Hurtado
***FEE WAIVERS available for the SAT and ACT. Visit the CCC for a code***
SAT Exams will not be administered at El Rancho High School due to the pandemic until further notice. College Board is working on updating the website by canceling the SAT dates at El Rancho. However, their website will allow you to register at El Rancho DO NOT register to take the SAT at El Rancho High School. El Rancho is NOT currently an SAT testing center, please make sure you register for a different location.
SAT & ACT test scores will not be used for admission for the CSU and UC system. You DO NOT need any test scores to apply to a CSU or UC for the class of 2022. If you would like to look up your school to verify if you need test scores for admission visit this website: https://www.ivywise.com/blog/colleges-going-test-optional/
Questions? email Mrs. Arriola or visit the CCC.
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year is available.
For SAT test dates and registration deadlines: Click here ***Looking to get the best score possible? Get Official SAT Practice online with Khan Academy for FREE.
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is available. To register online for ACT: Click here
For ACT test dates and registration deadlines: Click here
SENDING ACT & SAT SCORES
Be sure to send your scores to the colleges/universities where you intend to apply. Be sure to use FREE score reports within the allotted time or you will be charged - ACT $13 to each campus, SAT $12 to each campus.
Are you interested in taking a class at a Community College? As a high school student you are required to apply and complete a Concurrent Enrollment form every semester.
NEED A RIO HONDO TRANSCRIPT for High School? Click Here NEED A RIO HONDO TRANSCRIPT for College? Click Here
College courses are not not make up High School classes. The purpose of college classes during high school is for enrichment. Therefore, we highly ENCOURAGE students to have a 2.5 GPA to take college courses.
Do you need help looking up classes on the Rio Hondo online catalog? This video will help you. Click Here
Steps to register for Rio Hondo classes
STEP 1 - Complete a Rio Hondo application online every semester.
When you complete your application online make sure you use your PERSONAL EMAIL and your LEGAL NAME. Your name needs to match your birth certificate and match our school records.
- Go to Rio Hondo to complete your application: https://www.riohondo.edu/
- Make sure to save your confirmation number, you will need to email it to Mrs. Arriola.
- Rio Hondo will email you your ID number within 24 hours if you are a new student, you will need it for step 2.
- Make sure to keep your Rio Hondo ID number for future use, it begins with 001
- If you forgot your ID number, email Mrs.Arriola your confirmation number and DOB
Need help completing the application online?
- If you are a NEW student and you have NEVER taken community college classes before Click Here
- If you are a RETURNING student and have taken community college classes before Click Here
- Complete the Concurrent/Dual Enrollment Form
- You will need to complete a Dual Enrollment Form - click here for the form
- Email the completed form and your confirmation number to Mrs. Arriola
- Once the form has been processed by Rio Hondo you will be emailed with further instructions.
STEP 3 - Register online for the class
Still need help?
- You will be receive an email letting you know that you can add your class to your portal
- The email will contain all the step to add your class
- If you need help logging into your portal Click Here
- If you need help adding your classes view this video: Click Here
- email Mrs. Arriola or schedule a Zoom Meeting
Rio Hondo College representative is available to assist on Fridays from 8:30AM-3:30PM.
Click Here if you're a FIRST TIME college student (never attended before) and want to attend Cerritos College
Class Schedules for surrounding community colleges:
*FEE WAIVERS for the CSU and UC are in the application. If you don't qualify for a fee waiver please come to the CCC to pick up a scholarship application to cover one application.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY (CSU)
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA (UC)
- Application is now available
- Window to submit application: Nov. 1 - December 4
- Attend a virtual informational webinar. UC for You- Click Here to Register
Personal Insight Questions (PIQ) information
Most private schools have later deadlines. Deadline dates can be found on each individual school's website. Click Here
to use The Common Application. Click Here
to use The Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success
Applying to Out-of-State and Private schools through College Greenlight allows you to complete one (1) application to send to multiple colleges. As an added benefit, participating colleges have agreed to waive the application fee. Click Here
to begin your application.
Get help completing your FAFSA or Dream Act
Stop by G-1 for Assistance
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: MARCH 2, 2021
FAFSA and CA Dream Act (Federal Aid)
Prepare for FAFSA by creating a FSA ID for yourself and your parent.
Cal Grant (State Aid)
- Click Here t
o create your portal to see if you qualify for a Cal Grant.
Different loans that are offered:
Understanding and Comparing Loans
The following is a link to a site that will assist students and parents in understanding the different type of loans available. It will also allow you to compare loans to determine which is best for you. Click Here
All scholarship applications are available in paper form in the College Career Center unless an online link has been provide
Elevate Women in Technology Scholarship
Deadline: October 1, 2021
SCHOLARS WOULD RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING:
- Female student
- Any grade level
- Intend to enter a technical or non-technical career that leverages technology to make the world a better place
HEISMAN High School Scholarship
Deadline: October 19, 2021 by 3p.m PT / 6p.m ET
SCHOLARS WOULD RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING:
- Up to a $10,000 scholarship
- High school seniors
- Weighted GPA of 3.0 or better
- Participate in at least one sport
- Demonstrates leadership at school and in the community
MARINE CORPS CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Deadline: Available All Year
Applicants must be the child of one of the following:
Click Here to get more information and to apply
- Active duty, reserve, or veteran U.S. Marine.
- A Marine killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Active duty, reserve, or veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who is/was attached to a U.S. Marine Corps unit or who was killed while serving with a U.S. Marine Corps unit.
- A U.S. Navy Chaplain or Religious Programs Specialist who is/was attached to a U.S. Marine Corps unit or who was killed while serving with a U.S. Marine Corps unit.
FREE SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH PROGRAMS
MALDEF - This is an extensive handbook with a list of scholarships
FAST WEB - The leading online resource in finding scholarships to help you pay for school
Sallie Mae - FREE service with no ads and no selling of user information
- Contains over 2.8 million scholarships
- Questionnaire also offered in Spanish Features
- Sort scholarships by name, deadline or award amount
- View printable calendar listing all scholarship deadlines
- Register online at https://www.salliemae.com/college-planning/
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY FOR A WORK PERMIT:
Students must download and complete all information on the PERMIT TO EMPLOY AND WORK. Please ensure that all the required signatures are on the form. Completed forms are accepted via e-mail only. Forms and questions can be directed to Mayra Fajardo, email@example.com.
Once the form is completely filled please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be eligible for a work permit you must have a 2.0 GPA
We also process work permits for Non-ERHS students who live in Pico Rivera.
Students looking for Entertainment Permits must contact the Department of Industrial Relations-Division of Labor Standards at 562-590-5048.
Some employers may require you to submit a resume. There are several online templates available. Here is a website that gives you ideas on how to create your resume Click Here
. Google Docs and Microsoft Word offers free templates as well. If you have never had a job or are having a difficult time finding a template, please come to the college career center or email Mrs. Arriola for assistance.
Seniors, if you are going into child development or teaching and love working with children this might be a good opportunity for you. Think Together is hiring to work with children. Go to their website and look at the different positions.
Fall 2021 Internship Program with Congresswoman Linda Sanchez
Teens Volunteer is looking for students who want to volunteer virtually
The Emily Shane Foundation is looking for mentors/tutors
- You need to be a Junior/Senior
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Willing to volunteer a minimum of 1hr two times a week
Fill this application and email it to : email@example.com
Come and Visit our ROP advisor
Hours: Tues. & Thurs. 7:30am-4:00pm
For more information call College and Career Center 562 801-7540
or visit us in room G-1
for additional information